Google’s Focus On Paid Search Ads & Local Businesses
Google has done the research and has recognized that when people search on the Internet and their phones, they are often searching for local products or services or they are looking to solve a problem.
Google makes BILLIONS of dollars each year selling paid ads and Google has made it a strategic goal to give PAID Google Ads more preference and prominence on the front page of Google.
It’s no secret that companies like Proctor & Gamble and some other Fortune 500 companies started shifting their advertising and marketing dollars away from traditional marketing outlets over to online mediums years ago. Having a sound Search Engine Optimization & Internet Marketing strategy is essential to long-term business growth when you consider…
- No matter what you do…people are looking for it online. During 2016, the average number of US search engine queries done per day was 600-650 million.
- 2 Billion People Around the World Are Online
- People are Using Their Phones More And More To Research and Make Purchases.
- 85% of People Turn To Online Search Engines When Looking For Information (Google)
People who use search engines are generally performing 1 of 3 types of searches.
- Information Search
- Investigative Commercial Intent Search
- Or a Transactional or Commercial Search.
So at least 66% of all searches have buying intent as the end goal.
What I do is put your powerful marketing message, a website, in front of more people who are performing these types of searches.
On Going & Active Marketing
Building and maintaining a larger online presence and market share, each year is what we are after together.
This is not a quick or easy task but it is a worthwhile task to pursue as the number of businesses and people investing in online advertising will continue to increase.
People often ask me why is this an On-Going process?
- Technology changes FAST – 2 examples are that (There are robots starting to walk around and Google has a Car that can completely drive itself) –In terms of Search Engines, Google has a very complex algorithmic code that they update at least once a day. I read and stay up on these things but at any moment Google can change how they display or rank businesses and web pages.
- A website must evolve – I am always learning and I know some of the best practices when it comes to website marketing & design. I have come up with hundreds of web tests and because of the results, I know what people respond to on a good website. The small things matter and you only have 2-3 seconds to make an impression on the web.
- I am ALL YOURS – I Will Not Work with anyone else in your industry in your city. Search Engine Marketing is a viable way to gain new customers. It’s very possible that a few construction companies have already hired Search Engine Marketing firms or will be soon. I guarantee you will be in the best hands possible at the best rate, just like these clients of mine
Keyword Research is one of the most important high return activities in the online marketing field. Through great keyword research, you learn not only which terms and phrases to target but also more about your customers as a whole.
Keywords are the gateway to your website and search engines are the bridge. When you type a keyword into Google you will always see millions of competing pages for one word or phrase. Doing good keyword research and having a good list of keywords is the backbone of a well-optimized website.
With all of my clients, I make sure we target a large variety and range of keyword phrases related to their business and industry. This broader scope of keyword targeting is known in the Search Engine Optimization field as the “Long Tail Effect” and something that makes up to 50-70% of websites keyword referral traffic. This Long Tail area is where many websites need the most help with.
I have seen it time and time again that “random keyword phrases” related to your industry bring more traffic as a whole than your top 2-3 targeted high volume search terms combined! The chart below is for a much larger website but the general idea is explained, take note of the “long tail”. This long tail area is where people are typing longer keyword phrases that are pretty unique…… These low volume phrases, when combined, account for 70% of a websites total traffic.
Local Map & Business Rankings
This portion of SEO is important as Google has made a commitment to invest and expand their focus on “Google Maps” that appears when people are Googling local intent keyphrases like “Coffee Shop Charleston, SC” or “Dui Lawyer Charleston, SC”. Optimizing your presence on the Map is extremely important because “The Giant Map” appears for so many search engine queries as online users tend to gravitate and click on the Map which offers Local businesses and services.
Related to Google Maps is the ability to be optimized and found in smartphones and GPS Systems (Tom Tom, Garmin etc). This is beneficial for a number of reasons as more and more people obtain, use and Search using their smartphones. This is GREAT TO CAPTURE TOURISTS our people who forgo owning a traditional computer and just use their phones for searching and emails (This is an increasing habit of consumers).
1. When people do a search on a Smartphone Google automatically geo-locates where that smartphone is located on a map and displays businesses closest to THAT location
2. When people decide to visit your business they can easily locate directions using their GPS device or smartphone “with easy quick click directions” or “click to call business” options that these devices offer, which prevents people from “working” to find your office.Links & Link Building Links serve two major purposes when it comes to your website.
Links & Link Building
- A link from another website on the Internet over to your site generates visitors as that link serves as an outlet from that site over to your business. Essentially this is a bit of advertising and what this link says is a person or website believes that you have content or a service that is worth telling others about.
- Google, Yahoo & Bing VERY good at detecting who links to whom, how many links a website has and whether those links are related to your industry and they assign a value to each links and use that value as a major signal in their RANKING formulas.
The more quality links that point to a website the more trust you are conveying to the Search Engines.
- Although the explanation here is short, I can say Link Building is one of the hardest but most valuable ways to move a website up in the Google, Yahoo, Bing Ranks. I have a large list of trusted and high volume websites (Millions of users per month – as well as local leading regional resources). Link building, like SEO, is ongoing.
Reviews & Conversion Rate Optimization
All we need to do is get more reviews than your competitors and your listing/ranking will stand out more. Having a good online review campaign is essential.In fact, 80% of people consult online reviews before they look to make a purchase or do business with a company…I know I do.
Conversion Rate Optimization – Search Engine Optimization brings people to a website whereas conversion rate optimization influences people once they land and start browsing your website. Over the years I have learned how to get people to perform the desired action on a website. The desired action could be getting someone to buy something or building general brand awareness.
Places, where I may give recommendations (rather than implementation), would be in regards to unique web content, layout, structure, online search tools (button placement), pictures or anything else marketing wise that may come up.
Reporting – Tracking Your Investment Each Month
As a base each month you will receive a SEO report that is 1-3 pages with…
- Count of how many different keywords combinations brought people to your website as well as a full list of those keywords to review
- Inform you how many people visited the website that month.
- Inform you of New Links /listings on large and popular websites across the Country.
- List “Top Content” or most viewed pages for the past month.
- And More…
Google Analytic’s provides a wealth of knowledge, if you would like more extensive reports or can dream up some data you would like included in the report just ask and I will be happy to tell you if it can be provided.